Committed to your Privacy
For over 40 years, ODMA has been hosting the ODMA trade show which is being managed on our behalf in 2017 by IEC Group. IEC provide services to our exhibitors and trade visitors and your business information helps them give a better, more professional service. ODMA’s privacy policies are outlined below and IEC adheres to these policies.
ODMA is committed to uphold the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. We have a dedicated privacy consultant who ensures that our privacy policies are implemented, reviewed and observed.
Collecting and keeping your information safe
When ‘business & personal’ information is collected in the Applications for ‘Exhibition Floor Space’, or ‘to register as a trade visitor’, or ‘Supply Orders’ in respect to ODMAFAIR it is primarily for the following purposes:
• administering and coordinating the Applications or the ‘Supply Orders’ in respect of ODMAFAIR and providing the services you require;
• arranging insurance for exhibiting companies;
• marketing the primary services of ODMA & ODMAFAIR;
• risk management obligations;
• keeping you up to date with the latest developments and news relating to the industry and to inform you of our latest products and services;
• conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for site security purposes;
• advising appointed suppliers as needed, to assist in ensuring exhibitors’ compliance with operational and marketing requirements;
• providing information, with your name and business function or business function only – as preferred – to exhibitors who may wish to send you their company or product information.
• ODMA does not rent or sell trade visitor or exhibitor lists to third parties
• advertising your company’s involvement on the event website and in event specific trade invitations, to promote visitor traffic to your display
If information is to be used or disclosed for other purposes, we will not do so without your consent.
Sharing your Information – Use and Disclosure
Sharing your information with other organisations means we are able to provide you with a service which gives you the opportunity to keep up-to-date with changes in the industry. These organisations include professional advisers, including legal or accounting firms and insurers, venue operators and appointed suppliers used in administering the Applications or ‘Supply Orders’.
ODMA imposes conditions on organisations to whom we provide your information. They are not permitted to use this information other than for the specific purpose for which it is provided.
Storage and Access
You have the right to access your information on written request, subject to some exceptions allowed by the law. We may charge a fee for providing this information to you, but you will be advised of the fee in advance.
ODMA and IEC provide staff training so that all staff members are aware of responsibilities regarding the Privacy Act.
Queries and Complaints
If you have a complaint about the way we manage your personal information or you believe that your privacy has been breached you may contact the CEO at ODMA and we will promptly acknowledge and investigate.
Please address your complaint to:
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
Optical Distributors & Manufacturers Association
of Australia Limited
3 Spring Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
ABN 31 001 783 071