http://www.odma.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/logo3-4.png 0 0 Vivienne Forbes http://www.odma.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/logo3-4.png Vivienne Forbes2018-10-27 05:28:452018-10-27 05:29:33Craft Challenge
Make a Glasses case from an old tie.
- Lay the necktie flat with the back side facing up.
- First of all measure and mark 43cm in from the tip, then cut the tie width-wise.
- Discard the narrow end of the tie. Then use a seam ripper to open the seam along the back of the tie 15-18cm to create a pouch.
- Measure 20cm in from the cut end and mark. Fold the tie at the mark toward the pointed tip and tuck under 1.3cm of cut edge and pin.
- Using small whip stitches along the top and sides, hand-sew the folded-over portion of tie to only the top layer of fabric beneath it.
- Hand-stitch along the top and sides, securing the folded-over portion of tie to the top layer of fabric beneath it.
- Fold the tip of the tie over to make a flap.
- Finish by affixing a set of self-adhesive Velcro dots to keep the case closed.